Almost a week after the attack on a bus carrying the German football team Borussia Dortmund، police have said they are continuing to investigate “in all directions” and have questioned the authenticity of three separate statements that claimed responsibility for the attack، as the Guardian said. Copies of a statement suggesting an Islamist motive were found near the site where three explosive devices were detonated last Tuesday، and a 26-year-old Iraqi who had previously led an Isis unit was subsequently arrested. But police have since been unable to link the suspect directly to the attack، and terrorism experts have cast doubt over the language used in the statement، suggesting it could have been faked to pin the attack on radical Islamists. A second statement – purportedly by an anti-fascist group critical of Borussia Dortmund for failing to do enough against rightwing extremism – was uploaded on the leftwing website Indymedia on the night of the attack but was quickly dismissed as a fake by officials. On Thursday، a third statement was emailed to the Berlin newspaper Tagesspiegel. The anonymous author cited Adolf Hitler and railed against multiculturalism. On Saturday Germany’s Federal Office of Criminal Investigations said it “rather ruled out” the possibility that the author of the email had also written the statement found near the crime scene. Borussia Dortmund’s management has in recent weeks distanced itself from a far-right contingent of supporters، some of whom had attacked fans of RB Leipzig، including children، when the two sides met in February. Graffiti containing a death threat against the Dortmund chief executive، Hans-Joachim Watzke، signed by the fan group “0231 Riot” was discovered in the city days after the incident.