ﻣﻮﻗﻊ ﺻﺪﻱ اﻟﺒﻠﺪ

Supervisor
Elham AbolFateh

Health

Why Blankets Are Dangerous For Babies

Sada El Balad
A Washington mother used Facebook to warn other parents why it's dangerous to let babies sleep with blankets. Jordan DeRosier’s seven-month-old son Sloan was found dead with a blanket wrapped around his head earlier this week. DeRosier has used the social networking site to document her grief and share her experience with others. Anadolu Agency said.

Blankets are particularly dangerous for infants in cribs and sleeping quarters where they can get caught over the child's mouth and nose، making it difficult for them to breathe.

On July 3، DeRosier wrote a tribute to her baby boy، saying:

“Our sweet rainbow warrior، your short time on this earth blessed so many. You were a gift to all who knew you، and an inspiration to all who didn't. Your death has impacted this world، it has left an emptiness felt by so many. Proof that you held with you so much light and grace. You were not able to live out our dreams for you، yet our dreams are where we will find you forever. We will forever be caught in this space between worlds، the space you now exist for us. Our longing for you is eternal، if only your life had been.

You're in the sun، the clouds، the rain. You're every ray، every shadow، every drop we will ever see again.Sloan Valor DerosierDecember 4 2016-July 3 2017”

After receiving accusatory messages blaming her for vaccinating Sloan، DeRosier cleared things up with another post on July 4.

“Initially I had not wanted to explain the detailed circumstances of his death because of my guilt and the fear of condemnation from others. But I will not allow anyone to try and place blame where it does not belong،” she explained. DeRosier went on to describe how the tragic accident happened.

Edited by rehab sayed

Comments

ads

Poll

What do you think about our new design?

What do you think about our new design?
ads