New Cairo prosecution found the bodies of a 56-year-old father، who reportedly shot his 43-year-old wife، two sons aged 22 and 18، and his 20-year-old daughter slain in their villa in a Cairo at Al-Rehab suburb. It was reportedly said that an Egyptian businessman، the father، reportedly killed his family and then committed suicide due to the huge accumulation of debts hat exceeded EGP 2 million، which it said was behind the incident. Noisy barking by the family’s dog، tied outside the villa، prompted neighbours to complain to guards about it. When the guards went to the villa to complain about continuous barking by the dog، they received no answer، and a foul smell was emanating from the villa. When police were notified about it، they found the bodies lying inside the villa. This presumption seems flimsy. An autopsy revealed the father had three bullets in the body، unusual for a person who takes his own life. Rafaat، the father’s brother، said there were unspecified attempts to mislead investigators by portraying the crime as a family suicide. “The crime was professionally perpetrated،” he added. “The one who killed my brother and his family should be brought to justice. Souad Ahmad، a friend of the family، also absolved the father of being the murderer. The prosecution’s investigations uncovered that there was a criminal suspicious behind the incident not a suicide act. The investigations also revealed a message sent by the father to the creditors، in which he promised to repay all debts at the end of April 2018. The investigations uncovered the involvement of administrative security personnel in the case. The initial report of the forensic medicine confirmed that the father received 3 bullets، two of which were shot in his face. The prosecution continued hearing testimonies of a number of the father’s creditors. It is noteworthy that Egyptian MP and TV anchor Moustafa Bakry، said Friday that reports about the involvement of the administrative security in Al-Rehab massacre are baseless.
No charges have been brought against any side so far، Bakry added during his program on Sada ElBalad satellite channel.
Authorities have allowed to bury the five bodies. There has been yet no final statement from prosecutors about the circumstances that led to the incident، dubbed by the media “The massacre of Al Rehab”.