1) This is the third time Egypt has qualified for World Cup history. Their last two appearances were in 1934 and 1990. They are yet to score a win in a World Cup match. Fans would be expecting that Mo Salah would change this dreadful record for the Africans.
2) The biggest moment for Egypt was the 83rd minute penalty converted by Magdi Abdelghani in a group-stage draw in 1990 against Netherlands. Interestingly، this goal is the only goal scored by them in world cup history. The team has always been perceived as team which prefers a defensive approach
3) 45 years old، Egyptian goalie، Essam El Hadary is the oldest player to make an appearance at World Cup finals
4) In 1934، when Egypt made their first appearance، they became the first African nation to play at a World Cup Finals
5) Egypt failed to qualify for the 2010 World Cup South Africa after they tied the group with Algeria. They were equal on points and had scored and conceded the same amount of goals as well. When the two nations went into a tie- break، Egypt failed to qualify by a solitary goal.
6) Uruguay is one of four teams to have won all of their games at a World Cup. After winning all their matches to clinch the inaugural edition of the World Cup in 1930
7) In 1950، when Uruguay bull dozed Brazil in their own fort، the near 200،000-strong crowd at the Maracana were left stunned as the 2-1 defeat was seen as a national tragedy in Brazil
8) Ironically، Egypt and Uruguay are the most successful nations at their respective continental competitions. Though their World Cup laurels suggests differently
9) World’s first sex symbol، José Leandro Andrade، was a Uruguayan footballer، he was a phenomenon and was the first black icon in football and the first s