ﻣﻮﻗﻊ ﺻﺪﻱ اﻟﺒﻠﺪ

Supervisor
Elham AbolFateh

Middle East

Breaking: ISIS claims responsibility over Kabul airport blast targeted Afghani VP

Sunday 22/July/2018 - 06:56 PM
Sada El Balad
Hassanein Tayea
According to Sputnik news agency، the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for the suicide bomb attack near Kabul's airport shortly after the country's controversial first vice president landed on his return from abroad.

An Afghan interior ministry spokesman says that 14 people، including both civilians and military forces، have been killed in the suicide attack.
Afghanistan’s first vice-president has escaped unharmed from an explosion near the airport as he returned home after living in Turkey for more than a year.
Mr Dostum is understood to have been the target of the attack، which was carried out by the Islamic State group.

Afghan President Ashraf Ghani strongly condemned the attack in a statement released by the presidential palace.

Mr Dostum، a former Uzbek warlord، had been undergoing medical treatment in Turkey and is now well and ready to resume work، said presidential spokesman Haroon Chakhansuri.

He left Afghanistan in 2017 after the attorney-general’s office launched an investigation into allegations that his followers had tortured and sexually abused a former ally turned political rival. He has since reportedly been barred by the government from returning to Afghanistan.

Comments

ads

Poll

What do you think about our new design?

What do you think about our new design?
ads