Valentine’s Day: 10 heart-melting records that prove true love knows no bounds
Wednesday 13/February/2019 - 02:56 PM
Guinness World Records logo
Here at Guinness World Records، we think everyone should get into the spirit of Valentine’s Day – whether you choose to celebrate with your spouse، family، friends، pet or a big box of chocolates، Guinness World Records reported.
Forget traditional displays of affection – these 10 records prove that true love knows no bounds…
1. Most Wife Carrying World Championships by a man Nothing says romance like carrying someone over a wet، muddy obstacle course.
Taisto Miettinen and Kristiina Haapanen from Finland have won six official wife-carrying competitions، taking gold in 2009–13 and 2017.
Pairings don’t actually have to be married to enter the annual contest in Sonkajärvi.
Why not get together with some friends and attempt your own wife-carrying race this Valentine’s Day?
You can choose to carry your 'wife' in the classic piggyback position، fireman's carry (where the 'wife' hangs over the shoulder) or Estonian-style (the 'wife' hangs upside-down with their legs around the runner's shoulders and wraps their arms around the runner's waist).
2. Longest underwater kiss (apnea) Cupid brought his scuba gear to this attempt، where Italian couple Michele Fucarino and Elisa Lazzarini smooched for 3 min 24 sec on the set of Lo Show dei Record in Rome، in 2010.
3. Shortest married couple Paulo Gabriel da Silva Barros and Katyucia Hoshino from Brazil measure a combined height of 181.41 cm (5 ft 11.42 in).
Their heights were verified in Itapeva، São Paulo، on 3 Nov 2016.
Paulo and Katyucia met on a social media platform on 20 Dec 2008 and tied the knot on 17 Sep 2016. Aww.
See how you and your partner fare against Paulo and Katyucia in the Guinness World Records Mr & Mrs-style quiz:
4. Largest box of chocolates If you want to make the ultimate grand gesture to your loved one this Valentine's Day، this bumper box of chocolates is sure to please.
On 2 April 2008، confectionery retailer Thorntons and prop-maker Russell Beck Studio (both UK) created a box of chocolates that towered 5.04 m (16 ft 6 in) tall.
Tipping the scales at 1،690 kg (3،725 lb) – the weight of a small car – it was 6،760 times heavier than a standard 250-g (8.8-oz) box of Thorntons Moments.
5. Most bridal bouquets caught Jamie 'The Bouquet Slayer' Jackson of Draper، Utah، USA، goes to a lot of weddings.
So many، in fact، that she has been able to become a master bouquet-catcher.
Jamie has attended more than 100 weddings since 1996، and has caught 50 bridal bouquets.
There have been just four divorces among the brides whose bouquets she has caught – a fact that she believes makes her a good-luck charm.
6. Most tattooed woman (ever) After adding to her body art at the end of 2017، Charlotte Guttenberg from Florida، USA went from being the Most tattooed senior citizen (female) to the most tattooed person on the planet.
What does this have to do with Valentine’s Day? Well، she shares her love of body ink with her partner Chuck Helmke، who is the Most tattooed senior citizen (male).
7. Longest chain of paper hearts British Heart Foundation created a chain of 17،939 pink paper hearts to celebrate Valentine's Day 2018 and "raise awareness of heart disease as the UK's single biggest killer."
The charity invited members of the public to dedicate a paper heart in memory of a loved one and donate a small amount of money. They were then joined together and counted at an event in London، UK.
8. Most expensive dating service If you’re looking for love this Valentine’s Day، this service may be a little out of budget…
Orly the Matchmaker of Beverly Hills، California، USA، has been running an upscale international introductions company for the last 25 years – the most expensive service of its kind in the world.
Run by a former model، Orly’s world-renowned، old-fashioned matchmaking skills are available for a steep membership fee that can cost up to $100،000 (£70،000).
9. Longest wedding dress train In December 2017، an 8،095.40 m (26،559 ft 8 in) wedding dress train was unveiled by Dynamic Projects in Caudry، France.
We hope the length is symbolic of the enduring love it’s wearer has for their groombride…
If you love this record، take a look at the Longest wedding veil.
10. Most couples hugging 5،730 couples – 11،460 people – wrapped their arms around each other during an attempt organised by Bergamo Municipality and Turismo Bergamo in Italy in July 2016.