The Luxor African Film Festival (LAFF) 8th edition rolled out، Friday evening، the red carpet for its opening ceremony، at the Karnak Temple in Luxor، amid a huge attendee of celebrities and officials.
The opening ceremony witnessed the attendee of Minister of Culture، Dr. Inas Abdel Dayem، Governor of Luxor Mustafa Elham، and a large number of celebrities.
Among the attendee were Lebleba، Amina Khalil، Sabry Fawwaz، Tarek Abdel Aziz، Mahmoud Hemida، who is the festival’s honorary president.
The opening ceremony also witnessed the honoring of renowned Egyptian actress Lebleba، Chadian Director Mahamat-Saleh Haroun، Brukinabé Fanta Régina Nacro، and Tunisian Producer Dorra Bouchoucha.
This edition pays homage to seven African cinematic figures، including two from Egypt، for their contributions to the African cinema.
The honored will be Chadian director Mahamat Saleh Haroun، Burkinabe director Fanta Régina Nacro، Tunisian producer Dorra Bouchoucha، Egyptian actress Lebleba، Egyptian actor Asser Yassin، Egyptian director Omar Abdel Aziz، and Sudanese actress Faiza Amseeb.
This year، Luxor African Film Festival 8th edition will run from March 15th to March 21.
-LUXOR AFRICAN FILM FESTIVAL-
The Luxor African Film Festival (LAFF) is one of ISF’s projects. It was the writer Sayed Fouad’s idea، as the African films are almost not screened in Egypt، according to Luxor African film festival.
Independent Shabab Foundation (ISF) is a non-profit organization registered at the Ministry of Social Solidarity and active since 2006 in several Fields.
Furthermore، Luxor hardly has any cultural or artistic events، and was therefore selected to de-centralize cultural or artistic events always organized in Cairo and Alexandria.
For the first time in Egypt، an NGO organizes an event with such grand caliber and high standards.
Independent Shabab Foundation (ISF) which organizes LAFF is a non-profit entity that has been active for more than six years organizing events and festivals at a national level and with a political dimension.
The success of ISF is the result of the sound artistic accomplishment and skills of its founders as cultural activists who believe in the necessity and importance of communicating with the world in general and with Africa in particular.
It is also built on the capacity of its Board of trustees in representing Egypt in local and international activities.
ISF started working on the festival since mid-2010 and the fruits of our efforts resulted in numerous partnerships ranging from the Ministry of Culture in Egypt to International networks.
- Organizing art workshop to develop the skills of artists and writers، and develop talents.
- Establishing a space for performing arts (theater، cinema، fine art، and seminars) and a library.
- Working to spread and develop theater performances and cinema screenings.
- Organizing local and international festivals.
- Preparing and producing theater performances and films.
- Establishing private institutes، colleges or schools، after approval of related authorities.
- Extending the activities of ISF to Egyptian governorates، to spread our aims.
- Supporting and documenting independent art and artists، and providing artists with protection against occupational hazards.
- Publishing materials that serve the objectives of the foundation and usage of internet.
- Establishing the service of a cultural club to present arts to the people of the neighborhood.
- Providing spaces for art performances and seminars in Egypt.
- Establishing all needed connections for cooperation with the institutions that work in similar fields or activities locally or internationally.