Israeli Police said Monday that 15 people were injured، four of them seriously، when a blaze ripped through an apartment building in the northern city of Haifa، The Times of Israel.
The fire broke out in a second-floor apartment in the building on the city’s Ibn Gvirol Street and is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Eleven people were lightly hurt and police said the majority of those injured were suffering from smoke inhalation.
The Ynet news site reported that the injured include a mother and her small children who were in an apartment on the third floor of the building.
The woman and her children were among those seriously injured، the Walla news site reported.
At the same time، another report by Arutz Sheva said that thirteen people were injured Monday morning after a fire broke out in an apartment building in the northern coastal city of Haifa.
The fire، which broke out in a second-story apartment in a four-story building on Ibn Gabirol Street، left a total of 13 people injured، including one person in serious condition and three in moderate condition.
The remaining nine victims are listed in light condition.
Five fire and rescue teams were dispatched to the scene of the blaze، along with multiple MDA emergency responder units.
The 13 injured victims of the fire were evacuated via ambulance to Rambam Hospital and Bnei Tzion Hospital in Haifa.
Rescue teams evacuated a number of residents trapped on the third floor of the building – one floor above the fire – including a mother and her small children.
Firefighters entered the apartment where the fire was sparked to extinguish the blaze.
Fire chief Rami Marom said the fire had been put out Monday morning، but added that searches continue for any residents who may still be trapped in the building.